Vajracakra

The Forum For Traditional Vajrayāna
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:12 pm 

Has this been fully translated into English yet?

Attachments:
ret_27_04.pdf [230.85 KiB]
Downloaded 151 times

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:44 pm 

Good Chokgyur Lingpa quote from the PDF:

"the gods ceremonially bathe the feet of the great god Viṣṇu"

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:48 pm 

Mother's Lap wrote:

Not that I am aware of. Unfortunately no one has ever translated any of Chokgyur Lingpa's biographies or autobiographies either. Rather a shame i feel.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 3:25 pm 

pensum wrote:
Mother's Lap wrote:

Not that I am aware of. Unfortunately no one has ever translated any of Chokgyur Lingpa's biographies or autobiographies either. Rather a shame i feel.
There is Ogyan Tobgyal Rinpoche's biography of Chokgyur Dechen Lingpa. Doesn't that count?

Attachments:
Chokgyur_Lingpa_Life.pdf [100.67 KiB]
Downloaded 97 times

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:16 pm 

OTR's book gives one a hint of the terton's life, but it's barely a sketch. Tulku Urgyen also recounts a few stories in Blazing Splendor. But neither provides anything near a full picture; especially when considering that the official biography included in the Chokling Tersar is over 600 pages long. And then there are numerous other texts in the Tersar as well including Chokgyur Lingpa's autobiography, his account of his trip to central Tibet, another in which he describes his various visions and journeys to Sangdok Palri, etc. … So as far as i am concerned his story remains untold.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:53 pm 

Well, it would be great to get more translated, in that case. Maybe ask Erik Pema Kunsang or some of those other great Chokling Tersar related translators. I once emailed Erik for a translation of a text I'd heard he'd done but not published and he emailed it straight back to me. Some translators are very generous with their work.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:19 pm 

michaelb wrote:
Well, it would be great to get more translated, in that case. Maybe ask Erik Pema Kunsang or some of those other great Chokling Tersar related translators. I once emailed Erik for a translation of a text I'd heard he'd done but not published and he emailed it straight back to me. Some translators are very generous with their work.

Good idea, i might look into it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:00 pm 

This book: http://www.amazon.com/Zangdok-Palri-Lotus-Palace-Rinpoche/dp/6169128909,
which BTW is incredible, contains a long introduction by Tulku Thondup that includes a summary of the text you are interested in,
and a lot of beautiful pictures of a thangka of Zangdok Palri painted according to Chokgyur Lingpa's vision, under the direction of Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.
You can read a sample of the book, which includes some of the summary and the pictures, here:
https://www.scribd.com/doc/139645130/Zangdok-Palri-The-Lotus-Light-Palace-of-Guru-Rinpoche#page=23

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:08 pm 

Cheers I saw your post on DW about that, have the purchase link in my bookmarks waiting for enough dosh.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2015 3:16 pm 

Mother's Lap wrote:
Cheers I saw your post on DW about that, have the purchase link in my bookmarks waiting for enough dosh.

Yes, I understand. My local university library has it, so I didn't have to buy it. I think I will at some point though, it's actually quite reasonably priced for what it is, and it will definitely be a collector's item.