Vajracakra

The Forum For Traditional Vajrayāna
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:31 pm 

Mutsuk Marro wrote:
Thanks for your answers. I hope both Barron and EPK can sort our these situations and resume publications soon.

JLA hasn't translated anything of the 7 Treasures?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:31 pm 

Also the little pizza house in Bristol.

Anyone who has been following Malcolm's posts can
will pick up bits and pieces of gems about
some of the amazing Lama's Malcolm
has had the great fortune to spend time with.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:52 pm 

Malcolm - I know you got to spend a good amount of time with KDL, have you also spent much time with ChNNR?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:57 pm 

Arnoud wrote:
Mutsuk Marro wrote:
Thanks for your answers. I hope both Barron and EPK can sort our these situations and resume publications soon.

Yes he has. He's done the Theg-mchog-mdzod, the Tshig-don-mdzod and the Chos-dbyings-mdzod. It's all in French (except the thod-rgal part of the theg-mchog mdzod which he has also done in English) and still unpublished. I asked him several times what he is waiting for with these translations and he always explains he has to decide if he keeps these as academic research works or if he modifies some (most!) of the technical/critical apparatus for a more "practitioner" readership. His annotations on the Theg-mchog-mdzod have doubled the size of the work which is already gigantic in its original form. This will certainly not see the light any time soon since he is busy turning his translations of the 17 Tantras into English. So far I corrected for him the Blazing Lamps, the Union of the Sun and Moon, the Letterless and the Mirror of the heart of Vajrasattva. He is now on the verge of completing the Thelgyur, still about 10-12 pages to go...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:05 pm 

Mutsuk Marro wrote:
Arnoud wrote:
Mutsuk Marro wrote:

Yes he has. He's done the Theg-mchog-mdzod, the Tshig-don-mdzod and the Chos-dbyings-mdzod. It's all in French (except the thod-rgal part of the theg-mchog mdzod which he has also done in English) and still unpublished. I asked him several times what he is waiting for with these translations and he always explains he has to decide if he keeps these as academic research works or if he modifies some (most!) of the technical/critical apparatus for a more "practitioner" readership. His annotations on the Theg-mchog-mdzod have doubled the size of the work which is already gigantic in its original form. This will certainly not see the light any time soon since he is busy turning his translations of the 17 Tantras into English. So far I corrected for him the Blazing Lamps, the Union of the Sun and Moon, the Letterless and the Mirror of the heart of Vajrasattva. He is now on the verge of completing the Thelgyur, still about 10-12 pages to go...

I bet his memoirs would be interesting too. Image

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:11 pm 

Awesome. Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:50 pm 

LinkAndZelda wrote:

Apparitions of the Self, mystical autobiography of Jigme Lingpa

Does anyone know the differences between the 1999 paperback and 2002 hardcover version of this text? Both are by Janet Gyatso.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:32 pm 

tomamundsen wrote:
LinkAndZelda wrote:

Does anyone know the differences between the 1999 paperback and 2002 hardcover version of this text? Both are by Janet Gyatso.

It appears to be merely the first Indian edition:
https://books.google.com/books?id=qMUh9ir0Yi0C&pg=PR4&dq=%22first+indian+edition%22
so I would be surprised if there was any difference in content.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:50 pm 

dzogchungpa wrote:
tomamundsen wrote:
LinkAndZelda wrote:

It appears to be merely the first Indian edition:
https://books.google.com/books?id=qMUh9ir0Yi0C&pg=PR4&dq=%22first+indian+edition%22
so I would be surprised if there was any difference in content.

Ah, gotcha. Thanks!