Vajracakra

The Forum For Traditional Vajrayāna
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:51 am
Posts: 199
Mutsuk Marro wrote:
Thanks for your answers. I hope both Barron and EPK can sort our these situations and resume publications soon.


JLA hasn't translated anything of the 7 Treasures?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:31 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:13 pm
Posts: 577
Also the little pizza house in Bristol.

Anyone who has been following Malcolm's posts can
will pick up bits and pieces of gems about
some of the amazing Lama's Malcolm
has had the great fortune to spend time with.

_________________
ROW ROW ROW YOUR BOAT


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:28 am
Posts: 565
Location: ayy lmao
Malcolm - I know you got to spend a good amount of time with KDL, have you also spent much time with ChNNR?

_________________
"Look at the unfathomable spinelessness of man: all the means he's been given to stay alert he uses, in the end, to ornament his sleep." – Rene Daumal
"People who know how to keep their mouths shut are rare." - Kyabje Dudjom Rinpoche


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 3:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:20 am
Posts: 676
Location: France & Holland
Arnoud wrote:
Mutsuk Marro wrote:
Thanks for your answers. I hope both Barron and EPK can sort our these situations and resume publications soon.


JLA hasn't translated anything of the 7 Treasures?

Yes he has. He's done the Theg-mchog-mdzod, the Tshig-don-mdzod and the Chos-dbyings-mdzod. It's all in French (except the thod-rgal part of the theg-mchog mdzod which he has also done in English) and still unpublished. I asked him several times what he is waiting for with these translations and he always explains he has to decide if he keeps these as academic research works or if he modifies some (most!) of the technical/critical apparatus for a more "practitioner" readership. His annotations on the Theg-mchog-mdzod have doubled the size of the work which is already gigantic in its original form. This will certainly not see the light any time soon since he is busy turning his translations of the 17 Tantras into English. So far I corrected for him the Blazing Lamps, the Union of the Sun and Moon, the Letterless and the Mirror of the heart of Vajrasattva. He is now on the verge of completing the Thelgyur, still about 10-12 pages to go...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:39 pm
Posts: 2007
Mutsuk Marro wrote:
Arnoud wrote:
Mutsuk Marro wrote:
Thanks for your answers. I hope both Barron and EPK can sort our these situations and resume publications soon.


JLA hasn't translated anything of the 7 Treasures?

Yes he has. He's done the Theg-mchog-mdzod, the Tshig-don-mdzod and the Chos-dbyings-mdzod. It's all in French (except the thod-rgal part of the theg-mchog mdzod which he has also done in English) and still unpublished. I asked him several times what he is waiting for with these translations and he always explains he has to decide if he keeps these as academic research works or if he modifies some (most!) of the technical/critical apparatus for a more "practitioner" readership. His annotations on the Theg-mchog-mdzod have doubled the size of the work which is already gigantic in its original form. This will certainly not see the light any time soon since he is busy turning his translations of the 17 Tantras into English. So far I corrected for him the Blazing Lamps, the Union of the Sun and Moon, the Letterless and the Mirror of the heart of Vajrasattva. He is now on the verge of completing the Thelgyur, still about 10-12 pages to go...

I bet his memoirs would be interesting too. Image

_________________
Through Dzogchen we can really understand what God is and we don’t have to worry if there is a God or not. God always exists as our real nature, the base, for everybody. - Chögyal Namkhai Norbu


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:51 am
Posts: 199
Awesome. Thanks.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:16 pm
Posts: 420
Location: Los Angeles, CA
LinkAndZelda wrote:

Apparitions of the Self, mystical autobiography of Jigme Lingpa


Does anyone know the differences between the 1999 paperback and 2002 hardcover version of this text? Both are by Janet Gyatso.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:39 pm
Posts: 2007
tomamundsen wrote:
LinkAndZelda wrote:

Apparitions of the Self, mystical autobiography of Jigme Lingpa


Does anyone know the differences between the 1999 paperback and 2002 hardcover version of this text? Both are by Janet Gyatso.

It appears to be merely the first Indian edition:
https://books.google.com/books?id=qMUh9ir0Yi0C&pg=PR4&dq=%22first+indian+edition%22
so I would be surprised if there was any difference in content.

_________________
Through Dzogchen we can really understand what God is and we don’t have to worry if there is a God or not. God always exists as our real nature, the base, for everybody. - Chögyal Namkhai Norbu


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:16 pm
Posts: 420
Location: Los Angeles, CA
dzogchungpa wrote:
tomamundsen wrote:
LinkAndZelda wrote:

Apparitions of the Self, mystical autobiography of Jigme Lingpa


Does anyone know the differences between the 1999 paperback and 2002 hardcover version of this text? Both are by Janet Gyatso.

It appears to be merely the first Indian edition:
https://books.google.com/books?id=qMUh9ir0Yi0C&pg=PR4&dq=%22first+indian+edition%22
so I would be surprised if there was any difference in content.


Ah, gotcha. Thanks!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group