Vajracakra

The Forum For Traditional Vajrayāna
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sangtik Korsum
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:35 pm 

Hi-
anyone out there practice Chogling Sangtik Purba as a regular practice, or in an extensive way? I have some questions about the protector prayers, and other appended prayers.....if you would PM me I can get into the specifics. Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Sangtik Korsum
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:57 am 

I sent you a PM Cone.

/magnus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:34 am 

Magnus,

I didn't know that a lot of people practiced this terma. Other then the vajrakilia. Has Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche given this practice out? Especially the yangdak heruka practice.....?

Ron

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:40 am 

Thanks, Magnus-got it and will reply!

Ron, Phakchok Rinpoche gave it in the SF Bay Area a couple years ago, but I wouldn't say Sangtik Yangdak is nearly as popular as DorSem or especially Purba. Sangtik Dorsem is practiced in Kagyu three year retreats, and I think Dzokchen Ponlop Rinpoche may have some students practicing that, but not certain.

All three are in Rinchen Terdzod, though.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:11 pm 

Huh, interesting. I didn't know. I don't think he has given it many times. But, what do I know. And, didn't know it was in the rinchen terdzod.

Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:25 pm 

There's also Sangtik Yabka and Yumka, also in the Rinchen Terdzod....these are practiced as elaborate pujas by some monasteries, but I don't know about personal practice. The KorSum--Phurba, DorSem, and Yangdak--were practiced in three year retreat in Kongtrul's time, as personal, solitary practices, but not as big elaborate pujas. I think Sangtik Yangdak has faded from use, a bit, based on discussions with various lamas, but some still practice it as a personal meditation. It's quite similar in function to Samvara and Hevajra, though, so perhaps it's viewed as "overkill," I dunno......

Chogling Tersar also has Zabdun cycle, with Phurba practice--that's elaborate, complete with Tordok, and big Dances, etc.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:05 pm 

Roman wrote:
Magnus,

I didn't know that a lot of people practiced this terma. Other then the vajrakilia. Has Chokyi Nyima Rinpoche given this practice out? Especially the yangdak heruka practice.....?

Ron

Hi Ron, people certainly do the Vajrasattva practice also. A friend that did a three-year retreat did all three. A Lama friend from Ka-Nying told me that all the monks did both the Vajrakilaya and the Vajrasattva every day in their room.
CNR have given empowerment for the Vajrakilaya in the past and I heard both Chokling Rinpoche and Phakchok Rinpoche have given the Vajrasattva one. I got it from Mingyur Rinpoche.

/magnus

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:24 pm 

heart wrote:
Roman wrote:
Magnus,

Ron

...I got it from Mingyur Rinpoche.

/magnus

Me too, afterwards Mingyur Rinpoche and everyone done a 5 day Drupcho together, it was very nice... and I received it from Thrangu Rinpoche also, at Samye Ling about 10 years ago-ish.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:47 pm 

Are you guys talking about DorSem, from Mingyur Rinpoche, or Phurba?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:36 pm 

conebeckham wrote:
Are you guys talking about DorSem, from Mingyur Rinpoche, or Phurba?

Sorry Phurba, but I have had a Dorsem Yab Yum Wang from him too...I suspect that may have been Sangtik, I will try and find out....