Vajracakra

The Forum For Traditional Vajrayāna
It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 11:55 am 

LinkAndZelda wrote:
Alvin wrote:
Just mention the abuses in NKT.

I agree. There is a survivors group called New Kadampa Survivors who have many stories of abuse.

As I say.....I wouldn't personally run the high risk of a libel action. This may be because I have worked in Advertising, Marketing, PR and Publishing (as an editor) so even though I carry insurance I wouldn't risk it............ but feel free to get stuck in if you live outside the UK.

One person who was going to write a book, and had it ready for printing, was scared off by the possibility of legal action.
I think the NKT employs very good lawyers, QC's, so wouldn't advise anyone living in the UK to write anything they do not know to be incontrovertible fact or has another watertight defence for publishing such accusations.

In this case, the news was about running classes for children, so raising the question of spirit worship and the opposition of the Dalai Lama to their practices is something parents would understand in a simple way.

I would not consider it either easy or wise to discuss sexual misconduct, for example. This would also be complex to defend as an accusation, as the 'monks' and 'nuns' are not ordained using the Vinaya so taking a consort may not be problematic.

Anyway, at least I have raised an objection to the use of the NKT in the broadcast; others may think or do as they think fit. ;)

मान्त्रिक (Mantrik)

http://khyung.com

My legal UK name today is:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:38 am 

Tolerance does not entail tolerating the intolerant. Kapish?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:59 am 

Also I'd imagine most people on here have taken an empowerment from His Holiness the Dalai Lama, and I think NKT relate to the 10th tantric vow

Quote:
(10) Being loving toward malevolent people
Malevolent people are those who despise our personal teachers, spiritual masters in general, or the Buddhas, Dharma, or the Sangha, or who, in addition, cause harm or damage to any of them.
Although it is inappropriate to forsake the wish for such persons to be happy and have the causes for happiness, we commit a root downfall by acting or speaking lovingly toward them. Such action includes being friendly with them, supporting them by buying goods they produce, books that they write, and so on. If we are motivated purely by love and compassion, and possess the means to stop their destructive behavior and transfer them to a more positive state, we would certainly try to do so, even if it means resorting to forceful methods. If we lack these qualifications, how-ever, we incur no fault in simply boycotting such persons.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:14 am 

I don't think Alvin means it personally but in threads like this people from the NKT or Tsem Tulku's organisation come along and troll people, accusing people who disagree with them of slander or breaking their vows

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:29 am 

I think you would be okay here, there's a lot of good vajrayana resources across the forum. Unfortunately (or fortunately) the Gelug section is full of warnings about NKT

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:21 am 

Dhammasponge wrote:
Lobsang Chojor wrote:
I don't think Alvin means it personally but in threads like this people from the NKT or Tsem Tulku's organisation come along and troll people, accusing people who disagree with them of slander or breaking their vows

Well sorry to disappoint Alvin - I am not trolling, wish I had the time to partake of such nonesense. I am just genuinely shocked, I mean it....really taken back at these posts.

I cannot see a way to permanently remove myself from this group and have respectfully requested that my registration is removed. I'd really rather not be associated with such stuff. I am sure there are genuine practitioners in here, but this is my experience.

Back to the Zendo for me!

But people hit you with sticks in the Zendo! ;)

I think you are being highly judgmental yourself, about others whose opinions may well be based on detailed knowledge of the NKT, and about whom you know nothing, including their motivation.

How about some research into the followers of the harmful spirit called Shugden, the murders, suicides and mental illness, the sexual predation etc etc. ?

Being kind, loving and compassionate includes warning people about unwholesome and harmful behaviour, and may also include performing wrathful practice such as Guru Dragphur to deal with the effects of the harm.

Buddha cried when seeing suffering......I guess he was being judgmental too.

मान्त्रिक (Mantrik)

http://khyung.com

My legal UK name today is: